Good Afternoon Everyone!
We hope everyone is beating the heat and off to a good start on this warm Monday. We wanted to take this time to provide an update on our company, some news, and upcoming dates we want everyone to be aware of.
As many of you know, Glen Allen Grounds was nominated as one of the top 5 lawn and landscaping companies in Richmond. This is a huge honor for us considering this is our fourth year in business! We owe our growth and this top 5 finish to our clients, and without you none of this would be possible. We are asking all of our loyal customers to take a minute out of their busy schedules and vote Glen Allen Grounds the top Landscaping company in Richmond. We are up against some good competition and it would be a huge accomplishment if we are able to win. You can vote by visiting this link:
The middle of August also brings our attention to one thing: Aeration season. Our aeration services are set to begin Monday September 19th, and run through the first of October. A few important things to note with regards to your aeration service:
1. Please refer to your maintenance contract to verify you are already signed up for aeration. If so, great! Your job is done!
2. If you are not a routine maintenance customer or do not have the service in your contract and want a quote, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. All maintenance properties will be cut between 2.75’’ and 3.5’’ the week prior to treatment.
4. It is recommended to run irrigation the day before we come if we have not gotten any rain so the ground is soft. This allows for deeper plugs!
5. Each service includes aeration, weed free tall fescue seed (unless otherwise stated), and one round of starter fertilizer.
6. It is recommended to not mow the property for at least 14 days after the service is performed. We don’t want to disturb the seed when it is just beginning to put down fragile roots!
7. Sod that has been laid within the last 8 months should NOT be aerated. This can damage the fragile root systems.
8. Last but not least, keep that seed watered! Start irrigation systems at 5AM and run for 15-20 minutes a zone. We should see some cooler evening temperatures in September.
Speaking of irrigation, we have noticed some of our maintenance properties being a bit too wet. We are looking at cooler temperatures this week and hopefully for the remainder of the summer, but it is recommended to crank those run times down just a bit to prevent damaging the yard during services.
With aeration services comes the dreaded task of handling the leaves. This is a very important part of ensuring your new seed is able to grow. Please contact our office if you would like to be put on a normal leaf removal schedule beginning in late October!
Fall is also the time we see people getting outside more in the evenings when it’s cool. We are looking to help you get outside this fall with a great hardscape special running until the end of September. If you are thinking of a new hardscape project that will include a fire pit, we will take 10% off of the cost of the materials! This results in a FREE fire pit installation! We are able to help better visualize your ideas using our new 3D rendering presentations as well! Check these out:
We hope everyone had a great summer and is ready for the Fall weather, being outside, and football! We know the month(s) leading up to school starting can be busy for most of you, and we hope to help alleviate some of that stress by maintaining your properties. If you have any questions with regards to your services, please feel free to contact us. We appreciate your continuing support!